What We Do
Training & Education
Information to fight stigma and save lives.
The Thrive for Change team hosts regular virtual and in-person training events to educate community members and professionals on how to respond to an overdose. Through this program, participants will be able to:
- Summarize the current the state of opioid crisis and fentanyl contamination in the drug supply.
- Explain the origins of harm reduction and the benefits of the harm reduction approach to serving people who use drugs.
- Define naloxone and it’s various forms as well as other harm reduction tools.
- Respond to an overdose emergency with the naloxone nasal spray Narcan.
- Access naloxone and other harm reduction supplies for themselves or others.
- Use anti-stigma language when discussing substance use disorders and those affected by them.
- Apply the harm reduction concepts and tools to their own personal or work life situation to make an impact.
Sliding-Scale Harm Reduction Training
Thrive for Change provides custom in-person or virtual training to staff or clients at organizations and businesses working directly with or in communities where there may be individuals at risk of an overdose. This service is being offered using a sliding-scale so that all organizations can have access to these vital tools. Click below to reach out to us and request a training for your staff, clients, or community.
Email Ashley Rosser at [email protected] if you have questions or comments about this program.
CEU’s are not currently offered for this training, however participants can receive a certificate of participation upon request.
Donation-Based Public Naloxone Training
We also periodically offer virtual or in-person training opportunities that are donation-based and open to the public. If any of these are scheduled, the information will be available on our Eventbrite Page.